You’ve polished your resume, triple-checked your portfolio, and practiced your smile for your upcoming photo headshot, but wait… What exactly are people wearing? Does anyone actually know what “business casual” is? No need to fret, because we’re here to help. Consider the culture of the advertising industry in Minneapolis, MN. While it may seem easy and breezy when “creeping” through offices and websites, agency professionals are still very focused on doing their jobs to the best degree they can. Everyone has their own style and while you should expect to dress up, don’t feel like you need to wear your nicest suit or dress pants to our event. Check out our top five tips on what to wear at this year’s event.
1. Look over past pictures of this event and compare what people have worn in the past to what you have in your closet. There’s no reason to buy new clothes if you don’t need to. If you do want to shop try places like Express, H&M, or Target.
2. Consider what makes you feel most confident when you get dressed. If you’re feeling like you can take on the world, that’s how you know you’ve “dressed for success” at SAS.
3. Consider what the agency representatives will be wearing. While the recommended dress code is business casual, that can have many different interpretations in the agency world. You can use various social media channels like Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest and find images of company leaders and staff from the company’s coming to SAS on their social pages. Check out the Pinterest board our committee made.
4. Balance comfort when dressing for the occasion. You will be listening, talking, walking, and participating in events for a very long period of time on Friday. High heels may look good, but they can take a toll on your feet after a couple of hours. You don’t want to feel constricted in any way when approaching any new venture at either SAS event.
5. Ask a friend or acquaintance what they’re planning to wear. Friends can always help give a second opinion in the right direction and you can also use this time to compare what you’re both wearing to both nights of SAS.
If you’re still uncertain about what to wear, go with whatever makes you feel comfortable and professional. we can’t wait to see you at both the Kick-off event on Thursday and at the Summit on Friday.
Haven’t registered yet? Get your tickets on Eventbrite today!