Thank you, Optimize Social Media, for being a 2018 Gold Sponsor!
Optimize Social Media, Inc. is a rapidly growing company based in Oakdale, MN, that specializes in all aspects of social media marketing including setup, maintenance, and design for businesses and corporate entities like Bridgestone, NAPA AutoCare, Minnesota Veterinary Medical Association, and more.
With a niche in social media and reputation management, Optimize Social Media (OSM) sets itself apart from other local digital advertising agencies. Social media is ever changing and involving, which means the team at OSM is constantly staying on top of trends and learning.
Minneapolis Architecture is the Student Advertising Summit theme. OSM recently moved to a campus-style building late last year. Their move from a smaller to bigger office gives them even more room to grow. They work in a modern, open space office that encourages interaction and collaboration between departments and employees.
Members of the Optimize Social Media team will be hanging out at Student Advertising Summit throughout the event. Here’s a bit of advice they had for students attending:
- Ask questions. There’s no such thing as a stupid question. Show you’re curious and willing to learn.
- Interact with everyone. Networking isn’t done after you’ve spoken to a keynote speaker. Make sure you meet as many people as you can!
- Learn what you like (and don’t like). Have an idea of what would be a good culture fit for you. Don’t jump at an opportunity without proper research.
Interested in growing with one of Minnesota’s fastest growing companies? Check out their careers page on their website or their LinkedIn jobs page for job openings. OSM grew 400% in 2 years based on their number of clients and number of employees. If you align with their growth and innovation mission and you’re a smart, savvy, and motivated creative person you are most likely an excellent candidate!
If you’re interested in pursuing a social media advertising career but don’t know where to start, OSM employees recommended:
- Going through basic social media advertising training programs like Facebook Blueprint, Instagram for Business, etc.
- Becoming certified in Google Analytics and Google AdWords.
- Spending time on social media daily and analyzing brands you follow.
With that, we’d like to thank Jason Strand, Marketing Director and Facebook Advertising Specialist, Emily Alston, Director of Social Media Managers, Sarah Bowler, Senior Social Media Manager, Brendan Leehe, Social Media Strategist, and Anne Lampright, Social Media Manager, for sharing their time with us. Thank you for your support of this year’s Student Advertising Summit!
For more information on the Student Advertising Summit, visit ad2sas.org.